Monday, March 24, 2008

I have a thing for rocks

I don't know if it has to do with being born in Maine, or growing up with a creek in the backyard, or summers at Bantam Lake, but I've got a thing for rocks. In various little corners and niches in my apartment, you can find rocks. They're in many shapes and sizes, but each one attracted my attention long enough for me to grab it and bring it home. This fascination with stones seems to run in my family. Aunts, Grandparents, and cousins seem to all have rocks laying about.
When my birthday came and my mother, recently transplanted to Maine, asked me what I wanted, I said, "a rock from the Maine seashore."
Little did I know she'd find one...



Maine rocks and wine-toppers. You can't go wrong.
Of course I have no idea where she found this or how to get more.

EDIT: Mom reads the blog! www.funkyrockdesigns.com

No comments: